Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Dryer Taunts Me

When we moved into our house, it came with a washer and dryer. It was one of the early front-loaders, and I was anxious to try it out. That is, until I saw what was inside.

You've seen the size stickers they put on clothes - the ones on the outside of the item so you can't possibly forget what size it is when you're looking in the dressing room mirror. Well, there is one stuck to the inside of my dryer.

It's not just any old size sticker. It says "XS".

For those of you who are normal like me, you've never seen such a sticker. Allow me to educate. That's "Extra Small." It is a real size that only swimsuit models wear. And, I guess, the dryer's previous owner. Ugh. Like I need to be reminded every time I do laundry that I could stand to lose some weight.

Some day that dryer will go to whatever heaven there is for teasing household appliances, and I'll gladly get rid of that sticker. Maybe I'll add my own sticker to a new dryer.

In a REAL size.

No comments: