Monday, May 9, 2011

Why I wore soggy Cheerios around my neck yesterday...

and loved every minute of it!

My son is four, and this year I got my first homemade Mother's Day gifts from him. My first gift was a clay pot that he painted and filled with silk flowers - beautiful!

My second present was a necklace made from a kids' bead kit. It was a neon green "string" with colorful plastic beads all along it. Apparently, as he was stringing it, he decided to add Cheerios between the beads. I have to admit that it looked good that way. So, on Mother's Day, I wore it. I figured everyone who saw me would know a loving child made that for me. What could be better?

As the day progressed, I was holding my 9-month-old daughter when I felt the necklace jerk hard against my neck. She had gotten a hold of it and was pulling on it. I wrestled it away from her and moved so she couldn't reach it.

She spent the rest of the day trying to get a hold of my necklace, and she often succeeded. Each time she got it, she put it immediately into her mouth. This resulted in two things - first, a soggy necklace, and second, her first taste of Cheerios (which I had to constantly fish out of her mouth so she wouldn't choke on them).

So, I spent my Mother's Day wearing soggy Cheerios around my neck. I wouldn't have it any other way.

----------------------

For today's Brutally Honest Bumper Sticker (BHBS), an anecdote:

Me: "I have my next blog idea already."
Hubby: "It can't be about me. I haven't said anything stupid today."
Me: "Yet."

Today's BHBS:  Have you said anything stupid today?

No comments: