Monday, September 10, 2007

Reckless Abandon via Remote Control

Our TV now speaks French.

I consider myself to be fairly tech-savvy, but I can never figure out the three remotes with 100 buttons that are needed to work our TV/DVD/Stereo combo. So, I can't figure out how to switch it back to English.

If I give the remotes to my 9-month-old son, I'm sure it will go back to English. Either that, or he will change something else. I think he likes watching me struggle...or maybe I've just lost the childlike love of pushing buttons and playing with reckless abandon. His joy is priceless...so priceless, in fact, that I let him play with the remotes.

Maybe tomorrow I'll throw caution to the wind and push all the buttons on the remotes with him. I'm sure it would be fun...and I can blame my son when my husband comes home and can't remember how to turn off the closed captioning.

No comments: